Moustache Survey by Wyatt of Oklahoma
Thanks Wyatt !
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
Off and on for 20 years,. Present eta he is 2 1/2 years old.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
To be different
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
What is that?!? Mostly from relatives at first sight.
Nice moustache! From random guys.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
I’ve been called a pirate by young kids, but that’s because of my having to wear an eyepatch. Eyepatch+handlebar=pirate to kids
5. I’ve found that having an handlebar moustache has had various effects on my personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and so forth. Has having an handlebar moustache brought out changes in your self-expression, sense of self, behavior? Please elaborate.:
I’ve always been the same with or without.
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look? Please elaborate.:
Probably. I didn’t want to grow a goatee like most everyone else was.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
8. If you grew your handlebar moustache while in a relationship, what sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other? :
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?:
Currently I use clubman, Lucky Tiger moustache wax and Williams pomade to style my Stache. I have a vintage sterling silver moustache curler being shipped to me, and am going to order some Oregon wild hair or firemans.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
Gives him confidence, helps separate him from the rest of the crowd
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
Fairly attached. Although I have slipped while shaving and had to start over again. (I shave with a straight razor)
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
Not really. Most of what I have is from a local barber supply or from Sallys Beauty Supply
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?:
Grooming tips and wax reviews
(Editor note: There are three pages on grooming on the top menu, and we refer readers to the Handlbar Club web site for a nice collection of wax reviews. )
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing? :
Hasn’t affected it at all. It was non-existent before. lol. No, it doesn’t interfere with kissing
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
19. Would you share your location?:
Click here to see the SITE MAP for a list of OVER 100 articles on this blog.
You may enjoy these related posts: