Moustache Survey by Gunner.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
Grew moustache out to handlebar autumn of 1995. First moustache at about sixteen years of age, then progressed to a full set. Have sporteda moustache or full set most of my adult life. Have occasionally shaved; but, have immediately allowed something to grow back.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
Colleague had a great full set with an outstanding handlebar thought I’d give it a try. My wife loves it.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
One young lady asked me to confirm what she’d been told that men with handlebar moustaches often use ear wax to groom their moustaches. Usually receive pleasant comments mostly from older women.
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look? Please elaborate.:
Like the look. Personally, I don’t see a handlebar moustache as an act of nonconformity; although, men who sport them are usually interesting individuals.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
Nope. Not particularly my thing, but I appreciate seeing the results of these competitions. Who doesn’t like to see great moustaches, eh?
8. If you grew your handlebar moustache while in a relationship, what sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other? :
See question 2.
9. What waxes or glues to you prefer and why?:
When I wax (not often) I prefer Pinaud’s Clubman neutral as it does not provide a stiff hold and washes out easily.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
I have trimmed mine down when I cut the beard I was wearing to a goatee. Immediately got rid of the goatee and allowed the ‘stache to grow out. I have no intention of removing said ‘stache.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
I support Movember, but do not shave for this event.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey is published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
As you are aware, I am on the HBC forum gallery. I am also in the Whisker Club gallery.
19. Would you share your location?:
Click here to see the SITE MAP for a list of OVER 100 articles on this blog.
You may enjoy these related posts: