Handlebar Moustache Survey of Kellum Sowers
Thank you Kellum Sowers for your answers to the survey.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
as of June 14, 7 months (211 days to be exact). My father had full beard and mustache while I was young. I, due to some genetics, have been yet to grow a full beard (im 33) and I did have a go-tee for a bit. I ran across the Handlebar Club on the internet and here I am.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
Daring to be different was the primary motivation.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
Most ask if its fake which always leads me to ask why I would wear a fake one. I guess in this day of hair extensions, nothing is as it seems.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
The accusations of real or fake were very strange, but they have occurred so frequently I guess not. The best are the stares of little kids, who do not know what to make of it. There was one recently who asked me immediately if I would sign up to do Reenactments of the Civil War. I have taken that under consideration.
5. I’ve found that having an handlebar moustache has had various effects on my personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and so forth. Has having an handlebar moustache brought out changes in your self-expression, sense of self, behavior? Please elaborate.:
Sadly, I continue to be just as loud, boisterous and borderline obnoxious.
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look? Please elaborate.:
Yes, see above. Also, the handlebar is VERY much like a finger print, or snow flake. No two look EXACTLY the same.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
No but I hope to.
8. If you grew your handlebar moustache while in a relationship, what sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other? :
It gets in the way at times, and sometimes this is good, sometimes not so much.
9. What waxes or glues to you prefer and why?:
Your advice of Alieen’s was pretty good, but I do not like the feel of the glue, so I prefer Firehouse Moustache Wax. Its a fell (sic).
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
I have noticed I keep my head up more, so as to be seen. I also think it has improved my confidence. Never really needed that much more though.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
Literal attachment. My price would be monetary in nature. Not looking for too much. Maybe $25k a year.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
Just wax for now.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
At 6’5″, when I am walking in public it gives few doubts to my friends that I am on the way.
19. Would you share your location?: Jacksonville, Fl
You may enjoy these related posts: