Handlebar Moustache Survey by Wasim
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Well I had a moustache since the Fall of 2012 but only had a handlebar moustache since last summer.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I never knew that I could have proper handlebar moustache. Once I stopped trimming my moustache and let it grow, I realized how beautiful is the upper-lip facial hair.
I remember my dad telling me that my uncles used to sport pretty big handlebar moustaches and even my dad had a pretty moustache when he was young.
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
As I am an Indian, my family and friends started associating me with good and bad Indian stereotypes of having a handlebar moustache.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Well there was this girl I was trying to impress and later one day she told me that I look like a wife-beater because of my big moustache and my big goatee.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
With the handlebar moustache I always have a mature personality and attitude. Even tough I am only 24 years old, people think I am 29 because of my look and self-expression. Also because of my moustache I rarely get IDed at a bar.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I think it’s me appreciating the finer things in life.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I don’t really care about what others think and in my opinion they are just jealous because they cannot grow one.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I prefer Oregon Wild Hair Wax and the days when I am not wearing any wax, I tend to apply some olive oil or aloe Vera oil and comb it out.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It makes him realize the importance of facial hair.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I had shaved my moustache last winter because I was getting too much attention when I used to go out. Also I cut off my curls two months ago and let it grow again.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I don’t know any except this one.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
The hair on my head is fully black but my moustache hair is slightly brown in varying degrees and I like the present color .
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My love life has been pretty good since I started growing my moustache. Kissing is fine as long as the ladies don’t mind a bit of tickle but it does interfere with other acts that I like to perform with the ladies.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Well I am a Theatre student and a part-time line cook, so life is pretty busy and did not have the time to think about it.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Well I can know what direction is the wind blowing from my curls.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
There should not be any eating problems associated with the handlebar moustache as long as you have a lot of napkins.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I always sport a van-dyke goatee with my handlebar moustache.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?