Handlebar Moustache Survey by TommyZ of NY
Please welcome Tommyz
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
3 months. I’ve never grown any sort of mustache before. Stubble at most.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
All of my mother’s family has mustaches. After my grandfather died I decided to grow it out.
Click to Enlarge
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Lots of complements actually. Close friends and co-workers joke about looking like Snidely Whiplash. Nothing truly negative though.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Did get some “so whatcha doing there” with the just after stubble phase.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
I feel a bit classier for sure.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Wanting to keep the mustache in the family
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Nope would like to attend an event though
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Ignore any comments. I really don’t care what others think. I’m sure I could point out hundreds of things to nit pic on those people. However I don’t let things like that bother me.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I LOVE known felon wax. Good hold, and really nice scents. Blue spruce is my favorite.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Adds uniqueness. Even as we all have handlebars, each one is also individually different.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I really love it so far. However I think if a high paying job was offered I would cut it. But only in guarantee that it was permanent position with high pay.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Google all day
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I have ginger syndrome, so it looks thinner than it really is. So far I’ve died it twice, not heavily but just enough to darken the red hairs, to make it look more full.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Currently single. Another great reason to start growing out the stache, no nagging.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Thermal equipment designer for Corning Inc. I also have long hair, and even tattoos. However my tats are covered unless I have a really short sleeve shirt on. I wear a tie every day; hair is moussed back and kept groomed.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Being awesome considered super power?
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Ice cream is the worst >.<
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Never had it for Halloween, we will see this year!
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I do like the thinner ones myself.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Corning, NY / 26