Handlebar Moustache Survey Submitted by TheBoyd of Southern Ontario, Canada
Thank you, “TheBoyd”!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
A little over two months now since I shaved off the beard and left just the moustache. The only history with a moustache I have ever had, was when I grew a one-month moustache from a clean shave in this past November. Other than that, I do not personally know anyone else with a moustache.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
I had a small beard and was planning on shaving. I decided to leave the moustache just to see how it would look, and kept it.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
I did not grow my moustache from a clean shave so this does not really apply. The closest thing would be “Oh, you grew a beard”
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
I don’t know if there have been any funny or strange comments actually. Everything has been extremely positive!
5. I’ve found that having an handlebar moustache has had various effects on my personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and so forth. Has having an handlebar moustache brought out changes in your self-expression, sense of self, behavior? Please elaborate.:
I don’t think I’ve really changed much. I’ve always been actively ‘different’ throughout life beforehand.
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look? Please elaborate.:
This is a great question. I almost answered it earlier, but skimmed on ahead to see if it came up.
As I said earlier when you have a beard, people say “I see you grew a beard” and my response is, “not really, it grew on me” or, I just didn’t feel like shaving. With a moustache, I really chose this. I didn’t just shave, and I didn’t just let it grow. I actively keep a moustache. I like that it’s a choice I made for myself.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
No. I did participate in a charity fundraiser call “Movember” where one would start with a clean slate and grow a moustache over the course of November. This was my first instance of having a moustache.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?:
So far I have not tried anything other than leaving in conditioners, but I’m looking forward to trying out some glues.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
I don’t know about handlebar specifically. I just like the moustache in itself. No matter the style you choose, you chose it. And that means something.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
As I started reading the question I thought my answer would be that I could cut it off, but then I got to the ‘not grow it back’ line, and I’m shaken.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
I have not, but I’m tempted to purchase this shirt: http:elementsofbronyhood.spreadshirt.comthe-stache-A7556219
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?:
Considering I just discovered this site, I’m not surprised I have nothing to recommend.
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
Movember. Once. I don’t know if I would again, considering it would require shaving off my moustache and starting again.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?:
The rest of the site! I haven’t gotten past the front page yet.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
My stuff from Movember is still up I believe:
And I have a picture from a month ago:
But feel free to email me so that I can post a more recent picture, trying out waxing with glue.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing? :
..I’m pretty single… not because of the moustache. I haven’t had a partner in.. uh, 3 years I think?
Anyway, this question doesn’t really apply to me.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
Obviously! It gives me the super power of a smooth chin and having facial hair at the same time.
19. Would you share your location?:
No thank you. Well, Southern Ontario, Canada. But nothing more specific.
Click here to see the SITE MAP for a list of OVER 100 articles on this blog.
You may enjoy these related posts: