Handlebar Moustache Survey Submitted by Rob Hine of Bedfordshire, England
Thank you, Rob!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
This time around I have been growing the handlebar moustache for 4 months now. My wife hates it. Previously, in another life (c1996) I had a moustache and beard.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
I wanted to be a little different.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
My wife usually threatens divorce on a daily basis. Some people comment in a positive way. Some have difficulty hiding a smirk, but say nothing. My friends just think I’m mad.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
Nothing worthy as yet 4 months in!
5. I’ve found that having an handlebar moustache has had various effects on my personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and so forth. Has having an handlebar moustache brought out changes in your self-expression, sense of self, behavior? Please elaborate.:
I spend more time grooming! I now shave every day without fail, as opposed to maybe twice a week without the ‘tache. I walk with my held high, it is as though it gives me more confidence in a strange sort of way. I now have a hankering for retro clothing such as tweed and waistcoats and cravats.
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look? Please elaborate.:
I definitely feel individualistic.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
8. If you grew your handlebar moustache while in a relationship, what sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other? :
She refuses to kiss me, threatens divorce, and tells me to stop ‘fiddling’ when she catches me twirling! I am treading a fine line, but hope that, like an ugly baby, she will grow to love it.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?:
I use Captain Fawcett’s finest pomade.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
Gives him style
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
I love it. It would take a lot of money (certainly a few grand to be able to upgrade my camera gear!) before i would willingly sell out. I suppose also if I came home and found my belongings in the street and an angry wife saying ‘tache or home’ then…..
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
A Captain Fawcett’s T shirt
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?:
I joined the Handlebar club, but there isn’t much going on and don’t seem a terribly friendly bunch to strangers. (That’s just my humble opinion)
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?:
I haven’t yet really thought about that.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
Try www.flickr.comphotoshangar_73 or my Facebook page Rob Hine (you will instantly recognise me I’m sure)
Editor: “Nice collection of photos. You have talent!”
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing? :
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
It repels women, but I think that is a hindrance rather than a super power! I must work on my superpowers a bit.
19. Would you share your location?:
Bedfordshire, England but work in London
Click here to see the SITE MAP for a list of OVER 100 articles on this blog.
You may enjoy these related posts: