Handlebar Moustache Survey by Steve of Albuquerque
Steve has a terrific moustache!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve had a stache since I was 18, and the handlebar for a little more than a year.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Always wanted one.
Click to enlarge
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
They love it
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Is that real?
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Not afraid to try new things
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Get over it
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I’ve tried many but really like Firehouse whacky tacky, it works well and smells great.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
The stash does not make the man; the man makes the stash.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Very, but for a good cause I could be swayed.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
They’re all good
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I’ve got some grey, but it doesn’t bother me, dying looks fake. Hey but to each his own if it make you happy.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Great site already. Add a blog
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It’s all good
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work in a hospital, no complaints lots of complements.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I could tell you, but then….
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Wax helps and use your napkin frequently.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Fu man chug
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I’m not nailed down to one style but tend to use the curls the most.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Albuquerque N.M. 40 something