Handlebar Moustache Survey by Señor Patricio!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
2 years. I have had a mustache for about 4-5 years, but not until a few years ago did I decide to let it grow and style it more.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
None of my family will grow facial hair. I have always been kind of an odd duck and it suits my style more to have one.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
When my mustache was shorter it was not as appreciated, especially by my family. But as it has gotten longer I am recognized for it. My wife doesn’t know me without one, and my family tells me not to shave it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
That I look like Mario, and all the other character with a mustache.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I am more confident with facial hair, bottom line. I don’t know if this is subconscious or not, but I am much more confident with it.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Being a bit eccentric. If I do something, I want it to be unique and how I want to do it.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No not yet.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I say, you’re sorely mistaken. I feel liberated.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I usually use wax for the smell and hairspray for the hold. I’m going to try the Got2B glued stuff to see if I like that.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It will distinguish him and set him apart. For dating you will find the woman who loves it. They exist.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I could never do that. It might take my soul to get me to do it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
No I don’t much like all of that stuff.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I’m not aware of any actually.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I have about 4 colors in my mustache. It ranges between blonde and dark brown. The hair on my head is darker than my mustache.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It got me my wife!
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work as
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Haha. I let go of all shame and just eat. Oops?
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Salvador Dalí style.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I like the thick wave, but I usually do the full circles.
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Salt Lake City, UT / 30
You may enjoy these related posts: