Handlebar Moustache Survey by Robert “Dudocius” Pelaez of Miami
Looks Great, Robert. Cute kid, too.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I am going into the 3rd month, this is my third Handlebar.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Not that I know of, but my wife hates it. I decided to grow them to be a little different, plus I normally have a full-grown beard.
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I get all kinds of names calls, from “Monopoly guy” to “hey lets have an ole tyme boxing match”; I have even gotten the whole “On what train track did you tied her”.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
My 2 year old calls me a Pirate and my wife calls me Snidely. Some friends call me John Sullivan the boxer.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
Nope, other than being proud of my awesome stache.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I love vintage stuff, growing a handlebar allows me to think of the early 1900’s when a stache was the ruler of fashion.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I think they are fueled by Jealousy.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Firehouse because of the hold. Glue stick is great, easy to remove.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Gives him a killer look and confidence.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Once fully grown, I become very attached. Unless requested by my job I don’t shave it, even my wife can’t make me shave it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
A few things here and there.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Moustache club (UK)
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Perfect match, without the grey hairs.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
The site is perfect.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Once waxed and ready, it’s hard to kiss.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
My superiors hate it.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Yes, super strength
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Try to stay away from Soup and frosting.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Yes… Captain Hook.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Normally a single curl.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?