Handlebar Moustache Survey – Richard of Bedfordshire
Richard has a fine looking handlebar!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
4 months. Evolved from a beard.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?:
Because no-one I know has one. No relatives / known ancestors have had one.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?:
Almost all good. 1-2 bad comments (from people I’d expect nothing less). Wife loves it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
Some mates have said I remind them of King George V, but most people just want to have a twizzle! (sp?)
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?:
100%. Handlebar = Confidence, humour, individualism.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?:
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?:
Nothing, it’s utterly irrelevant. Maybe feel a tad sorry for them..
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?:
Penhaligon’s is the only one for me. Good consistency, nice fragrance, no colouring or clumping.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
Depends on the man.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?:
Attached, but it’s going to be a seasonal facial accoutrement.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?:
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?:
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?:
Lighter than hair. Maybe 5-7 different colours. Never dyed it.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?:
Definitely gets in the way of smooching.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?:
Sales. Customers love it, co-workers love it. Boss hates it.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
Naturally. The power of panache. Fact.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?:
Small portions via a fork. This is possibly the main negative.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?:
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?:
Curled upwards or straight outwards
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?: