Handlebar Moustache Survey Results from Kevin of Anaheim, California
Nice pic, Kevin. Thanks:
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have it for about a year now. My first attempt was only a few months then I screwed up when I was trimming it for the first time….so I had to start all over again.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
I have an identical twin brother, trying to be unique when you have an exact replica of you running around is hard to do.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Mostly good reactions, alot of high-fives and random people asking if they could touch it or take a picture for their facebook album
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I love it when they ask me “Is it real?” only because most people dont see asian men with alot of facial hair
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Not really, I’m still the same person I was before I grew the mustache
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Well, I have male pattern baldness….I am merely trying to compensate for what hair I no longer have on my head
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
To each is own
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Clubman wax was my main choice until I saw your video on the use of Aileens glue, it just holds perfectly!
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes him unique and add personal style
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
100% attached to it. I’ve had bad dreams of my mustache being gone just to wake up relieved that its still on my face the minute I wake up
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
Yes, I have been given at least 3 different types of shirts, a flask, beer mug and a keychain. My friends and family find these things that remind them of me and they tend to buy it just because
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
Youtube would be my best recommendation since thats how I found your excellent video on how to groom a handlebar mustache with Aileens glue
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
I kinda like how Facebook is set up. You can add your own photos and add friends and stuff. Cool way to meet other handlebar people online. Oh and a live chat option would be cool too!
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
Sure, just email me and I’ll send you my picture
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
My wife didnt like it in the beginning, but now shes grown found of it. The mustache hasnt really given me problems with kissing her so far so good
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I gets me free beers from random strangers at bars!
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Has anyone ever asked you for a mustache ride? Yes, and I told them my charged by the hour!
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
I wore it with the tips pointing downwards and dressed up like a “dirty cop” from the 60’s. My influence was the music video “Sabotage” from the Beastie Boys. Got alot of laughs out of it at work!
You may enjoy these related posts: