Handlebar Moustache Survey by Red Top
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
This is my first one, I grew a beard and tired of it, shaving down to the mo, I liked the look of it so I kept it.
Everyday I get comments from random strangers.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I’m a magician and I wanted to have an old look to me. So the beard started, but I am loving the mo and it empowers me
Click to ENLARGE
What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
My other half doesn’t like it, but it’s growing on her (hahahahahaha)
It grew on the beard so comments mainly came about the beard.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Omg that is amazing, Fantastic, I want to play with it, that’s hot, effin’ grand, lush, I think I am now turned on. The one I get a lot besides, dude I love your mo.
Is that real?? I say yeah, the standard reply is, wow that is amazing.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
I spend more time in the mirror making sure it’s sitting good.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I’m a very different person, I don’t grow things because of trends, I do really believe it shows a side of me that is fun and I get to play on that more with people I just meet.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Nope, not really interested
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
If you haven’t got the confidence in life to walk down the street with out feeling judged, you will never pull it off. It’s something that takes a large amount of confidence to hold your head up high and make the hairless want to be you
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use Ned’s beard wax
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It shows confidence.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Very, the beard went but the mo stayed
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
My wife got me a shirt that says
“With great moustache comes great responsibility”
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Not really, randomly found this one.
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It’s a bit lighter than my hair. I am a red head after all
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
No idea, new here
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It really bugs me kissing; I tend to eat more of the mo than the kiss.
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Sales. Customers love it and co-workers love it.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Yes, I can make people say yes with a slight wiggle.
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Man, I use straws when drinking and buy coffee to go for the lid. Keeping clean is stupidly hard. Knife and fork with small bites.
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I curl my bad boy up.
- Would you share your location and / or your age?