Handlebar Moustache Survey by Rain City Badger
Another very fine handlebar moustache!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
6 months now, it is my first lasting stach, I started growing it for Movember then decided to go full handlebar.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I wanted to express my individuality and sense of whimsy.
Click to Enlarge
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most love it, a few just do not like facial hair on men. I do get stopped from time to time as well. Generally the reaction is positive.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I get a lot of Doc Holiday comments.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It has made me change my personal style, which is great other than that I have always been eccentric.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I have always been a little odd always an original and this just adds to it, and it makes me feel good.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
As long as I enjoy it then that is what matters.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I have only tried one wax as this adventure is new to me I use “Man’s Face Stuff” cool breeze.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Shows our playful side and ability to not take the world too serious.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Very attached to it, there is one lady I am interested in and she dislikes facial hair, if I knew I had a chance with her I would most likely shave it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I am still matching and have a few grey hairs, not bad for a 48 year old.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Wax and product reviews. Maybe connecting us with ladies or men who love a mustache.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Hard to tell, I was dating someone when I first grew it, she loved it, have had little experience since.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am a journalist, so no judgements there.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
My cat thinks so.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I do waxed and natural. I prefer waxed.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Vancouver, BC 48