Handlebar Moustache Survey by Pistol
Looks Great, Pistol!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I thought it looked old west
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
People either love it or hate it,
Guys like it better than girls.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
An ol’ Mexican boy I worked with said I looked like a cat.
People have said I look like Luigi off of Mario cart.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I feel as if I have been more vocal, louder, and more outgoing.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I guess it is just that I wanted to stand out more.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I was in a contest at Fake Patty’s Day in Manhattan Kansas. This guy just grabbed me and said ” Hey you’re in our moustache contest now, come with me. You have a good chance of winning.” There were about six of us lined up along the fence, a couple of random people walked by to judge us. I ended up winning, the prize was $1!!
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
It takes a big man, not everybody can do it. Most are too scared to look a little silly.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use clubman, because it holds the best for all of the things I put it through throughout the day.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
I think in some instances it adds a bit of class to a man.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I’m pretty attached to it even though I haven’t had it for a long time, but I have an important interview coming up and I’m not sure if I should keep it or not.
It is a debate in my presence right now.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
I do not have any merchandise yet. Looking for a shirt or coozy at the moment.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I do not know of any other websites.
14. All about color
How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It is exactly the same color as my hair, maybe a little darker.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
More people would be great!
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Girls hate it 95% of the time, but there are a few that love it. That’s the girls you go after!
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am a college student.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
It is like sights on a gun, I can zero in on stuff better
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Hamburgers are a pain, just stay away!
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Yes, I have. I went as Doc Holiday
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Usually I go straight up with a slight curl.