Handlebar Moustache Survey of Allen from Upstate NY
Thank, Allen for responding!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
Since Dec. 26, 2008. Never had facial hair before. My scoutmaster had a handlebar and always thought it great. My great-grandfathers (2 of them) had handlebars as well.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
To be a rebel against modern mediocrity. To do something different.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
My wife hated it, but has grown to tolerate it. The kids at the school where I teach like it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
“Gee, you look like one of those guys in mustache competitions” – High school check-out guy at the grocery store
5. I’ve found that having an handlebar moustache has had various effects on my personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and so forth. Has having an handlebar moustache brought out changes in your self-expression, sense of self, behavior?
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look?
Yes, definitely. I am a 19th-century man in a 21st-century body.
8. If you grew your handlebar moustache while in a relationship, what sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other? :
My wife HATED it!!!!!!!
9. What waxes or glues to you prefer and why?:
I used to use hndlebars, but have gotten fond of Wacky Tacky
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
Makes him stand out in a crowd. Makes him scary to little kids.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
Not doing that. Nope. Not never.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Indude web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?:
The handlebar forum, and of course, this one
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
Nope. I’m not a joiner.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?:
You’re doing a great job.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey is published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
Look at apw1970’s photos on the handlebar forum
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing? :
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
Just makes me look super-evil when I have will-battles with junior high punks.
19. Would you share your location?:
Click here to see the SITE MAP for a list of OVER 100 articles on this blog.
You may enjoy these related posts: