Handlebar Moustache Survey by Msbannett!
Looks great on you! Tell us about your mo adventures.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I started growing this mustache about 10 weeks ago
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I hate shaving! Especially above my lip. I let it grow without any intention of going handlebar but after it came in I figured what the hell, lets run with it.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Some people after seeing it for the first time are surprised and smile. Most guys think its cool. Some friends support it and others say shave it off. I love it, it’s staying and I’ll see how far I can go with it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
No one has said anything strange or funny, either they say “cool” or they are openly offensive and say get rid of it! Haters gonna hate!
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
No, other than I have become semi fixated on it. But that’s a good thing… keeps my mind off of other things that are less productive and enjoyable.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
It’s like art on my face. I like that. It is a creative outlet.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Do what you want with your own face! My face is mine to do with as I please.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Still experimenting… have tried the ubiquitous Clubman. It’s OK. Captain Fawcett’s Expedition Strength Wax and Got2b spiking glue are both fun to play with. Gonna try a glue stick next!
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
A form of self expression, a way to avoid shaving and surprisingly I have found a camaraderie of sorts amongst others I have not even personally met.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Getting pretty cozy with this stache! Don’t want to lose it but I guess if I woke up one day and felt like it was time to go I would shave. But it would have to be something I wanted to do. I wont do it for another person or because it is not greeted with appreciation from others.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Not off the top of my head
14. All about color:
How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It has more gray and red than my head
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Lots of grooming, product and DIY tips
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It has not
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Realtor… other people in the office have been either supportive or silent. Clients don’t mind as long as I do my job well.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Why yes it does but I cannot mention them on a family show like this one!
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Lick the edges often!
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Yes, for a costume ball. I glued it to death in a tight curl
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Not sure yet, still feeling it out.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
West Hartford, CT 51