Handlebar Moustache Survey by Mr. Moustache of Miami
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve had my mustache for 5 months now and my history with mustaches is that i’ve always liked the way they looked and always wanted one but never actually grew one but about 5 months ago I decided you know what lets give it a chance and I did and fell in love I love my mustache no doubt about its awesome.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
What moved me to grow it other than that I like it a lot is that my brother has it and we are planning on being Mario and Luigi.
Click to Enlarge
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Well most people like it, they give all kinds of complements and then there are those who give you the awkward eye like who you think you are but they are just mad because they don’t have an awesome mustache like mines. My significant other loves it she says it was kind of weird kissing me with the mustache at first but she didn’t care about that.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
People tell me I look like Frito bandito or Mr. Pringles but the funniest has to be when I was walking on the side walk and a car full of people passes by and out of the nowhere they scream MARIO!!!!!! In the middle of traffic that was awesome.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
Well yes I feel more confident if I feel unsure about something or even if I feel shaky when approaching someone my stache would give me that extra self assurance and confidence boost. Also, I feel so much more cockier because of my stache I think you couldn’t deny any I ask for.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
The way I carry myself
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No I have not but once it gets long enough I will sign up for battle of the beards
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
That they look odd, silly, and stupid for not having one.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I like wacky tacky from firehouse because it is very strong and hard once it dries. I’ve tried other once like MO-WAX but my stache just kept on leaning forward and it looked like I had ant tentacles it was weird looking.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It gives it a more macho look and boost self-esteem
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
To be honest I don’t know if I could live without them after getting a taste for them.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Shirts and bumper stickers
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Great for buying all kinds of merchandise
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I would say is very close to my hair color, there are two some type of orangey and brownish and no never dyed it I love it just the way it is.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It has had a big impact on my dating life and it does get in the way sometimes.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I’m a sales associate for Caterpillar, Inc. And my co-workers think its pretty funny looking because is different but that’s good because I like to be different so it fulfills its purpose.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Yes super confidence I would call my superpower.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I’ve had eating issues but its something that we have to deal with at least I don’t mind if it get dirt i’ll clean it and that’s that but never thought about cutting it because of it.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
I combed it over my lips and pretended I didn’t have lips and yes I’m going to use it as part of my Mario costume.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
My preferred style is the handlebar and no I do not vary I like the handlebar very much
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Miami FL and I’m 22