Handlebar Moustache Survey by “Moustachio” of Salem, OR
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Since I was 26 so 9 years.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
My family on my father’s side had Mustaches and they all wore them well.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I have had the silly young people comment and the more mature comment. I liked the mature comments.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Wow look at that!
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
I feel more confident.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
To carry on the tradition of the mans Mustache.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I have not.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I really don’t care what they think.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I have tried a variety. I like glue on just the tips.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes them look more sophisticated.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I like it and would prefer not to cut it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
I have not.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I do not know.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I have darker hair when I have it. I sometimes dye it a little darker. Seems to grow light when it’s with out a dye.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
It’s good to go the way it is.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
I have not had too much problems.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am self-employed.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I do not. Just be careful and you should be ok.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
I have not
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Pointing the tips or just wearing naturally. Make sure I come it throughout the day though.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Salem, OR 34 years