Handlebar Moustache Survey by KingKrabe
A handlebar moustache ‘bonjour’ from KingKrabe of France.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have my handlebar for almost 1 year, never trimmed. I wanted to grow a huge stache, because I wanted to know how it feels to have one… I thought it was a shame to be a man without knowing the sensation of a real men hair style!
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
At first, it was nearly a joke with a friend who decided to grow one with me too. He shaved it, not me!
I don’t think I have ancestors or relatives who have handlebar mustache, just regular mustaches.
Click to Enlarge
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Reactions of others:
Why are you doing this?!
You look like Dartagnan
Your mustache is very fancy, can I offer you some food?
Reactions of my significant other:
I love your moustache, keep it!
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Is it real?
Can I touch it?
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
No, I don’t think so.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Eccentricity and the love for the beautiful well-made things I guess…
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No, but only because there isn’t any around my location, I really want to do that, just once!
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
No one looks stupid with a handlebar! It’s made of love and patience!
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use bee wax mixed with vaseline, it’s home made, that the only thing I found for keeping my curls perfect all day long.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Maybe it gives you some strength. No matter it’s raining, it’s snowing, it’s windy… No matter what, your handlebar is still there!
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I don’t know. I’m the only one who can decide to cut it, no one can tell me if I need to shave, that the only thing i know!
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
No, my moustache is a lifestyle, not a joke on goodies.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
My mustache is exactly of the same color of my hairs, but in the summer with the ocean, I guet a smooth tie and dye. I never dyed it!
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
A mustache wall of fame
Where to find good combs, etc, on the World Wide Web
Some other French with mustaches
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It offers me many more occasions to date or kiss women, because there are two types of women… Those who like facial hair and when you have a handlebar you have the king of mustaches so it’s won before it started.
Those who dislike facial hair, and it’s quite the same reasoning, your handlebar is so well shape, they are completely puzzled and they want to know more.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I’m a freelance graphic designer, and my customers loves it. I guess…
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Of course! It gives me The Prose or if you prefer, the power of having the right manly true spirited rejoinder!
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Yes, it’s hard to eat with it, but it worth it! I’ve been already tempted to remove it due to eating issues, but I quickly cut off this silly idea!
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
France, 28 years old