Handlebar Moustache Survey: Josh Valentin of Chicago
Welcome Josh Valentin! Thanks.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
This is my first handlebar moustache and I’ve been growing it for about two months. I’m pleased with how it looks so far, but it still has a long way to go. Normally, I don’t like the way I look with a moustache but I love my handlebar so far.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
I really like the way they look and something about it just feels right.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I get a lot of attention on the streets, mostly compliments. People are mostly excited to have seen a handlebar moustache in person, and I guess that’s a suitable reaction because handlebar moustaches are awesome!
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I get a lot of pirate references, but other than that I haven’t had any strange comments on my moustache.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It hasn’t really affected my personality in any way, but it does make me feel a little more mature even though I know that’s not the case at all.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I really just like to have fun and do the things that I feel I should do. Having a handlebar moustache is something that I thought was going to be a lot of fun and I have to say I enjoy maintaining it and watching it grow.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No, but I would love to attend one and perhaps get some tips from veterans.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Everyone has their own opinion and although they make think it looks silly, it’s my moustache and I’ve grown with it. I understand it’s not for everyone. I appreciate the way it looks and that’s all that matters. If they still have something to say then they can go to hell.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Right now I’m using Crew hair pomade because it’s a dry wax and it gives my moustache a more natural look. Although I am looking for something better.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
I think for most men it bolsters their confidence and compliments their lifestyle and appearance.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I’m really attached to my moustache and I honestly don’t know what it would take for me to get rid of it. I would need a life altering reason in order to shave my ‘stache.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
Unfortunately, I don’t have any moustache merch.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
Sorry, don’t know any.
14. Have you participated in online events like moustache may, Movember or others, and what was that like?
Can’t say that I have.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
I really like the site the way it is and I can’t think of any ways to improve it.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don\’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
It’s hard finding women who like, or don’t mind facial hair.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I sometimes find that I drink copious amounts of alcoholic beverages.
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well…
“Do you think that the handlebar moustache is making a comeback in today’s culture?”
Bonus question by josh: “have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
No. But I definitely am going to do something for Halloween this year
You may enjoy these related posts: