Handlebar Moustache Survey by Howie of Connecticut
Hello to Howie and his handlebar moustache!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have had my handlebar for about 3 months, before that I had a very long foo man chu.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Just always wanted one since I was a kid, just thought it was neat.
Click to enlarge
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Some guys really like it, I’ve had a few ladies also tell me they like it, too. My wife and daughter laughed, but got over it pretty fast. Once they realized I was serious about having it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
No, I forget I have it that way. Then I see myself in a mirror and think, oh yeah, and giggle.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
My steam punk alter ego.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Not yet. None close to where I live.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Like I care what you think!
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Mostly use clubman moustache wax, and just a dab of got 2 be glued.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Men that have one or a certain bread style nod to a fellow brother. It’s like a secret club.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Very much so. To cut it off, not anytime soon.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Yes I have stickers, shirts mugs, it a big joke in my house. They’ve learned to love it with me.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
All about breards.com is the only one I know of.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Its really close, there’s some gray. The colors, ok. No. I don’t dye it.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Building maintenance for a town near where I live. Sometimes people stare, but for the most part it doesn’t seen to bother them.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Oh yeah! Makes sarcasm more digestible. Plus little kids afraid, when I say something they listen!
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
That’s why there are napkins, use one with a mirror.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
No, I take it pretty seriously; it’s comical as is.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Curly handlebar with a side of fries
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?