Handlebar Moustache Survey from Gentleman Joe of CA
Gentleman Joe and his fine moustache!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve had this moustache for around 7 months or so and this is my second attempt at one in the last 2 years and I plan on keeping it this time around!
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Facial hair has always been part of my family so I like my father and grandfather decided to grow a moustache like they did!
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most people were shocked because since most of them have known me I have always been clean shaven, but after a while they warmed up to it and enjoy it when I style it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
They ask if it’s fake ha-ha, and if they can touch it and ask how long I’ve been growing it.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Having a handlebar has made me feel more confident and outgoing as strange as it may sound but I’ve always been plain and now I feel like I have my own look.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I like old time things back when suits were classy and you wore pocket watches and bowler hats, and that was a draw to the handlebar for me.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Not as of yet but I plan to in the future.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I would tell them that it doesn’t matter what they think because I didn’t grow it for them I did it for me!
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I try anything I can but as of late I’ve been using Murray’s.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes him look and feel classy.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
It would have to be some extreme circumstance but I can’t really think of any because there’s nothing at this point that would make me cut it off.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Not as of right now and that’s because I feel that people with handlebar moustaches don’t need those things, that being said to each their own.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Haven’t come across any.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It matches pretty closely but there are some different tones like small spots of red and light brown.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Nothing at the moment I think it’s great as is.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It does interfere with dating at least for me because all the women I’m interested in are anti- facial hair, but I’m ok with that.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work in sales and I think that having a handlebar especially in the area I live helps because it brings in a lot of people and they bring their friends because they want them to see my handlebar, my coworkers and bosses are good friends of mine and they like the fact that wear it proud.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Super human tolerance to stupidity ha-ha!
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I don’t have any tips besides having a napkin around at all times.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Classic curled style and the occasional English handlebar.
22. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well:
What makes handlebars better than any other moustache?
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
You may enjoy these related posts: