Handlebar Moustache Survey from Timothy from Buffalo NY Area.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
This is the best attempt so far, for approximately the last 2 years I’ve attempted to grow out a sweet stache. At the 6 month mark i have always cut if off. Presently weather from the epilepsy, or the medicine I’m taking for it my hair growth…mustache, ear and nose hair has exploded in growth rate. I currently posses a 6 month mustache in only 3 months. I’m excited to see how it looks in January. I am now using Mans Face Stuff wax.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
They rock! There is no better look for a gentleman to show he is established, carefree. Also it is extremely unique especially here in Buffalo NY.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?:
No girlfriend as of now, that will change soon as my mustache is becoming more powerful! Otherwise I see mixed reactions the ladies in this demographic area seem to be pleased when they glance upon it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
Not many to speak of this is the first time I’m waxing it everyday as it has become much “heartier” as stated above.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self? :
It makes me feel more powerful, gives me a sort of intimidating look which unsettles some people. I kind of enjoy that. It seems to enhance whatever mood I’m carrying at the time.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache? :
I like the old west, when men were rugged and not all this metro-sexual crap. I like old country music not that junk on the public stations.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
No in the future when my stache is epic or legendary and not merely awesome. I would classify mustaches as Legendary, epic, extraordinary, superb, regal, awesome, cool. from highest to lowest.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?:
I don’t care what guys think, and as for the ladies if they don’t like it then I’m to assume they’ve never had a mustache ride.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?:
Clubmans isn’t stiff enough for my thinner, straighter hair. I ordered some Mans face stuff and so far it seems to be working pretty well to train the middle, I haven’t curled the ends everyday instead I’m planning on letting it get longer so where its already starting to turn up on the ends it will continue to do so for a large curl. I’m also not trimming the middle although at the start I did the left a little because its always been thicker than the right. now there both as even as I can make them it just needs lots more length. I will experiment with other waxes and perhaps try a glue in the future.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
It gives him power and strength. It says “I’m in F-ing charge! It commands respect as long as it doesn’t look stupid but any mustache that classifies as a Handlebar is never a bad idea.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
God himself would have to whisper to me in my dreams.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
Hot Topic found in most malls has pins and key tags, possibly some tshirts as well. I have a pin that says Must-Ache inside of a picture of a mustache.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?:
Probably the same ones you know of.
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
No I have not most of those seem to require shaving it off at the end.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?:
More small tips about growing it out properly and how to train it more, however this site already does detail that very nicely. Perhaps more comments from users and there growing experience.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing? :
Doesn’t seem to matter, its going to get messed up from one of her set of lips…
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
Indeed sir! Strength, guile, wisdom, foresight..among many others.
19. Would you share your location?
Buffalo NY area.
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well:
A question pertaining to smoking cigarettes, I find a layer of nicotine builds up in it and will help to stiffen it up as well as being kinda nasty. Besides quitting smoking since I don’t plan to unless your dating a non-smoker it shouldn’t matter.
You may enjoy these related posts: