Handlebar Moustache Survey from Adam Causgrove of Pittsburgh
Here’s Adam Causgrove of Pittsburgh!
Adam is a finalist for the 2012 Robert Goulet Memorial Mustached American of the Year award.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Have had for about a year. Was growing out a beard for winter running, and after about 4 months I noticed how long the moustache had grown. Decided to see what I could do, went online to do some research… and voila!
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
I thought it would be super badass… and I was right.
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most frequent adjectives: Epic, Awesome, Badass.
It’s a test – you know you’ve found a keeper when she’s fun enough to enjoy the handlebar moustache.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
People always ask if it’s real… and if they can take a picture with me. Usually offering to buy a beverage in return… it’s worked out quite well.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I think I have come to identify with it. I really enjoy having it and it’s a lot of fun.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I’m not a wallflower, so that helps… it definitely brings some attention to me. I enjoy meeting new people and it’s like having an ice breaker on my face.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
A ~100 person Wannstache Bash for the opening home game of Pitt football named after Dave Wannstedt every year. I won the last year’s contest pretty handily.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Different strokes for different folks.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use Hndlebarz wax… and I will also use Lucky Tiger wax to keep it in line as more of a conditioning tool if I don’t feel like putting in all the effort to really wax it up.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Seperates the men from the boys.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
It would take a lot… I could see shaving for a job interview (maybe) or a wedding (not mine), but to not ever grow it back would take a lot.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
Lots of gifts. Mugs, shirts, etc.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
I get/find a lot of grooming things on amazon.com
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
Movember is year round for me… that’s the corny line I used all December when people asked me about Movember.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
The more moustaches the better! Maybe some grooming tips.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don\’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
Shoot me an email and I can send you some pretty good ones.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
I met an awesome girl and she likes the moustache… sooooo… I figure if she’s cool with the stache, she’s an awesome chick.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
The power of awesome.
19. Would you share your location?
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – the city of champions.
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
What is your moustache’s name?
Mine is Oleg.
You may enjoy these related posts: