Handlebar Moustache Survey for Pat G of Canada
Thank you Pat!
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
About two months. Before that I have a full beard and moustache.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Hipsters took over the bearded look. I also started War of 1812 re-enacting which means no facial hair, but Cavalry are permitted moustaches.
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to ENLARGE
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
The missus said I looked like a Prussian.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Not really. At the moment I am a little self-conscious but it is early days yet.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
A failure to be a grown up.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Such persons are beneath contempt and not worth acknowledging let alone responding to.
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Home made wax – because that is what I have right now
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Grey head, grey handle bars and I am fine with that
- Would you share your location and / or your age?