Handlebar Moustache Survey by Evan of Fallbrook, CA
Evan and his Excellent Moustache!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Since Easter of 2013. Never had a moustache before.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
My kids wanted me to grow one after seeing a cartoon with one.
Click to Enlarge
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
People are constantly giving me thumbs up! My Fiancée was reluctant at first but loves it now that it is full.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Where do you work that you can have that thing (still don’t understand that one)….. All you’re missing is a beer and boxing gloves…… And the constant “indubitably.” HAHA.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It may sound weird, but I feel more confident with it?!
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
My kids asked me to and I’m not one to care much of what other people say or think.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Nope. Only gathering is with friends. Most of them have massive beards.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I tell them it’s a good thing it’s on my face and not theirs then, huh?
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I just use a little Clubman’s Wax.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes them look very dapper and mature.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Not very. It’s just a thing and could very well be grown back.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Since the moustache was serious people have flooded me with magnets, shirts, mugs and stickers.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
My moustache is about the same as my head but with more orange stragglers
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Local moustache site map.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Not at all, it’s growing on my face. Not in my pants. Only the occasional tickle whilst kissing.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I’m a power plant operator. As long as my boss is cool with it, I could care less what other impact it may have.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
The power to store food for later.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I just let it collect whatever it wants and then clean it after I’m done (this way gets some bonus laughs during the meal as well).
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
I did 8 spikes once visiting family I hadn’t seen in a while.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Simple style. Just enough wax to keep the wild hairs down. Sometimes when I go somewhere special, I’ll do it up larger.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Location: Fallbrook, CA Age: 29
You may enjoy these related posts: