Handlebar Moustache Survey by Constantine in Playa del Carmen, Mexico
All Hail Constantine and his fine moustache!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I am only three months into the moustache, and only about one month where it has become an actual handlebar.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Since it is so trendy now to have a Van Dyke or the scruffy Miami Vice look, and hardly anyone has just a moustache anymore. Also, coming from a Greek family, plenty of ancestors were awesomely moustached, and it is very traditional in Greece to have a moustache.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
My girlfriend has been into it from day one. Everyone else, not so much. I got amazing amounts of grief for the first two months. “Seventies porn star, dude” was heard about a thousand times.
In the third month, it started getting long enough to have points and become a handlebar, and the difference in reactions is amazing. I get nothing but compliments now.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I am new to this, so don’t have any particularly great comments to relate. YET.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Absolutely. Nothing but positive effects. Except for I fear I am committing the deadly sin of PRIDE, for I am certainly proud of my moustache.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I have always been the type to go against the grain my whole life. I initially started growing it just because it was so socially unacceptable and uncool.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I laugh at them. I KNOW I look awesome; I do not need anyone else’s approval.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Bizarrely, I live in Mexico, where moustaches are common, yet I cannot find any type of moustache wax. I am still searching. Luckily, my moustache seems to form into a handlebar all by itself.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It absolutely makes you more manly. It is heroic.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I had no idea at first that I would be so into it. I think I will keep it for the rest of my life.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Not yet. Again, I am new, plus I’m in Mexico.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Not at all. My hair is totally grey, the moustache is completely dark. From a distance it looks chestnut brown, almost black. (The color my hair used to be) When viewed up close, it is actually multi colored; there are a few grey hairs, and some red and gold as well.
A lot of people think I dyed it. I laugh at them. If I was going to dye something it would be the hair on my head, you fools.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Not sure. I will let you know after further perusal.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My live in longtime girlfriend likes it. It definitely interferes with kissing. Other women seem to really dig it.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am in sales, I was afraid it would make me look like a villain to the clients, but it actually seems to be helping.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
It makes me faster.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
It is an issue.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Just the way it goes naturally.
22. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well:
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Playa del Carmen, Mexico, 48 yrs. old.
You may enjoy these related posts: