Handlebar Moustache Survey by Christopher Browning
Please welcome the fine moustache of Christopher Browning
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
3 years. Some competitions. Never had any type of moustache before then.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I did it because I wanted to and I didn’t have a job that required me to shave. One day I looked in the mirror and said, why not. And so it was.
Click to Enlarge Picture
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Some women hated it. Others loved it. Men gave respect. Often they ask, “Is that real? How long did it take to grow out.”
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
You look like a rat.
Oh, you are a pirate.
Sherley!!! (short for Sherlock Holmes)
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Much easier to meet women and start up conversations with anybody. It can take a while before people get to know me and not my moustache.
The stache got me a part in an Italian production movie of the Vietnam war. The director liked it so much I was in many of the scenes as an Army Doctor.
I’ve learned to let people stare at me and not take it personally and how to deflect ‘dumb comments’ with grace.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I don’t mind being different. No need to blend in.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Yes.. won a couple of events.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Do it… for every hater there are 10 fans. If are secure about it then others will pick up on it and be fine. If you are insecure about it some will sense it and attack you for it. F**K them.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
My own of unbleached bees wax, lavender oil, petroleum jelly
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes you manly
Seriously much easier to meet women… they come to me now. If they don’t like it, I know right away, and then usually they still end up like ‘it’ as I show I don’t care what they think. I’ve been told that my moustache was the biggest turn on.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I think about cutting it off often. One day I know I will say it was a good run and it is time to do something different. The lessons learned from having it will not be erased if I don’t have the stache any longer. I will have a new challenge of being everything the stache made me without the crutch of having it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Hats, shirts. pins Some given to me. Some thrown at me.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
More red and lighter brown than my dark brown hair. there is a some grey in it now.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
See above in other answers.
It interferes more with eating.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Career and Business Coach for men. It works in my advantage.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
No.. but it feels like it sometimes
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Small bites.. wipe often. have someone check for leftovers in stache after eating.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Valentine’s day I made two hearts
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Straight out with a small curl at the tip pointing up.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Vietnam / 40
You may enjoy these related posts: