Handlebar Moustache Survey by Chris of New Hampshire
Please welcome Chris
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Today is my first day with flicked ends. I have never really had (been allowed) any facial hair because I am in the military. However, I grew a moustache for Movember this year… and at the end of the month, I couldn’t bring myself to shave it off.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Honestly, I have always admired handlebar moustaches as being part of the old school. I am a cutthroat razor shaving kind of guy so the handlebar seems a natural fit.
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I have had many comments on my moustache all are quite good. My wife thinks I am a bit of an odd ball anyway, so she is supportive of this decision.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Not had any yet… the lip brow is too new.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Having a moustache has definitely increased my confidence (which was not lacking prior to). I feel wiser, and tend to believe I can achieve any task from roasting a leg of lamb on a fire using wood I hand-split to wrestling a grizzly bear.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Again, I believe there is no school like the old school. I did not actually seek out to have a handlebar. I just woke up this morning and my ends were flipped up…. so I embraced my moustache’s decision.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No… maybe someday.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I laugh at them out of pitty… as they are usually the people that can’t grow a moustache.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I had been using Oregon Wild Hair to tame my ‘stache for the past few weeks. It’s a softer wax and has a really pleasant musk to it. Today I used Mr Natty’s Twizzle Wax which is also quite pleasant, although a much harder wax than the Wild Hair. I briefly tried Clubman’s, but didn’t like the way it smelled, dried or tasted.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It increases his confidence for sure.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I am pretty attached to it (so far). Again I am in the military so I can’t get that crazy with it… but in a few weeks “thy ‘stache shall not be trimmed.”
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
I have not.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
The carpet matches the drapes…
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Don’t know yet, I am new to the site.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Don’t really know yet…. thus far my wife likes it.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am in the Army. So during the day I cannot curl my ends… which will be heart breaking on Monday morning.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Yes. Read the newspapers. Surely there will be an article about me rescuing a damsel in distress within the near future.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
No issues eating yet.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
No, it’s not long enough.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I like the more natural look or the look of an ace fighter pilot. I applaud the gents with the curls… but that is not my style.
22. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well::
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
You may enjoy these related posts: