Handlebar Moustache Survey from Chris in Lincolnshire
Please welcome Chris and his nascent handlebar moustache.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
My handlebar is about 2 days old! I’ve had a horseshoe, mutton chop, soul patch combo for a while, but decided it looked scruffy and thought it’s time to man up!
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Whilst growing my horseshoe for Movemeber I did a lot of reading up online about moustaches and liked the look of the handlebar, I just didn’t have the courage to shave it in ‘til now.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
On Facebook I had loads of great reactions from friends. The only negative reaction was when I went to kiss my wife straight after shaving in my handlebar and she burst out laughing!
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Haven’t had any yet, but it’s very early days.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I do spend a lot more time looking in a mirror, but other than that no.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I’ve always had a more classical sense of fashion and this moustache/beard combo fits in nicely with that.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Well, my moustache can be shaved off but you’ll always be ugly.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Bounder moustache wax, because it smells amazing and has a brilliant hold that last all day. I also use a beard oil of my own concoction using Sweet Almond oil and various essential oils to keep the dreaded “bearddruff” away.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
If you’ve got the confidence to carry off a handlebar then you’ve got the confidence to handle anything thrown your way. And it makes you 1000 times more handsome!
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Now it’s here, it’s here to stay.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Yeah, I was given moustache shaped soaps and a pack of fake moustaches for Christmas. Why would I need a fake moustache when I’ve got this beaut?!
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
None that anyone can’t find through google. However executive-shaving.co.uk do a great range of products for the rest of your face and Brian Mulraney, who runs it, is a genius.
14. All about color How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I’m mousey brown on top and bright ginger in my moustache, why would I dye it? It’s like a beacon for my face!
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Aside from the incident with my wife as mentioned above, then there’s no noticeable difference
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work in sales for a carpet firm; I find my moustache makes me more approachable on the shop floor.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Aside from making my testosterone levels triple, no.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I say dive in and enjoy what you’re eating with no dignity or shame, life’s too short to worry about what others think. Besides you can always clean yourself up afterwards!
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I like the English style with a slight uplift at the ends
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
32 years / Lincolnshire
You may enjoy these related posts: