Handlebar Moustache Survey by Chef Mark
Please welcome Chef Mark and his mo.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve had a moustache off and on for 20 years. Moustache all my life as long as I could grow one.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
It was something to do.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
It seems to always be love and hate. A handlebar moustache brings on a lot of strong reactions.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
One odd one, a guy asked, “What do you call that?”
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It just makes me feel good.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I am a Chef and it seemed to fit that sort of persona.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I have never been to or in such.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I say to them, I do whatever it makes me feel good.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Clubman, easiest to work with.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It’s not what the stache does for a man; It’s what the man does for the stache.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I would Never. It’s here to stay.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
I have some mugs, but that’s it.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It’s all the same and no, I have never dyed it.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
I’m still new to the site, so can’t say.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife does not like it.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
As I mentioned above, I am a Chef
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Yes, all of them.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I have no problems eating.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Yes, as the Easter bunny.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Just curled up, simple.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
North Carolina 53