Handlebar Moustache Survey by Chase
Another fine moustache on this man Chase
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve had my handlebar for a little over a year. I saw on instagram the Nathan guy in Australia.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I grew my stache on a dare… which started out as a beard, but my facial hair is too patchy unfortunately to grow one. So I stuck with the stache… It kept growing and I just went with it. Then I found wax and it all changed.
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Daily astonishment from people. I’ve had to pose for pictures with stache enthusiasts, which all of my friends find ridiculous. I don’t have a significant other, however, the stache definitely gets in the way when kissing… or eating things like ice cream or soup.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Most questions or of people asking if it’s real… like… who would wear a fake moustache around during daily life?
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I’ve very outgoing anyway, but it the stache keeps me in the spot light wherever I go.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I loveeeee attention.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I haven’t… yet. I still feel like my moustache is in its “toddler” stage.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I could care less what people think. It’s a lifestyle and hard work. My stache shows I’m a very determined person. The stache will persevere.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I typically use Clubman Wax. I’ve tried a bunch, but I always find myself going back to it.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes a man even more awesome.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
It’s a constant struggle. I want to cut it off all the time when I have spells of bad (hair) moustache days. It’s a love hate relationship. Constant grooming. I feel like I’m high maintenance now.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
People do gift me all things moustache. I despise it. I have a moustache, I don’t need trinkets to remind me.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I don’t really know any. I do search out friends on Instagram and keep in contact with them about grooming tips and such.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It matches my hair on my head almost perfectly… black hair, black stache. However, there is a little red on the outsides of my stache.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
This is my first time on the site. I haven’t had time to make any judgements yet.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Ah ha. Kissing is kind of awkward sometimes… it seems to find its way into my mouth or the other guy’s. However, most gay men flock to it.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I run a catering department and plan weddings. All of my clients/ coworkers/ and superiors love it. They say it fits my personality to a “T.”
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Haha, if I was straight, I think I could woo any lady… although, girls seem to flock to gay men anyway… it’s like double the attraction for women.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I just typically try to avoid eating certain things… like cream based soups, icecream, dipping sauces, anything that needs to be eaten with a spoon. Large sandwiches are a pain, because I have to rewax after eating.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Yes, I do cat whiskers sometimes, or double curls on each side. I typically just stay with the traditional look.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Again, traditional… until my stache grows a bit more… Unfortunately, my moustache isn’t as thick as most mens…
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Southern Delaware / 30