Handlebar Moustache Survey by Zach Wilhelm
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
This is my first moustache! I started growing a novembeard and decided to stop trimming my mou
stache in January. It’s been about 5 months without a trim of the stache.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
I have a friend who occasionally grows out a pretty burly beard and I always thought he should try a handlebar stache. I guess what moved me to grow one was that no one else would.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
My wife really likes facial hair so she was excited. Even now when I talk about trimming it and starting over she gets upset. I knew my moustache was getting attention when I saw a couple girls laughing after looking at me. That made me excited to know people were noticing it. Usually at the bar guys envy it, I tell them they can do it to; they just need to let it go for a few months.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
My classmate said I’m a “gentle stache curler” I thought that was funny.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It has made me less self-conscious, which is strange considering I have a caterpillar growing on my face. I’m more confident and less worried about what people think of me.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I love the old time look.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I have not, but I would love to.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
They haven’t experience true happiness until they’ve grown a moustache
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
When I use wax I use Coleman’s because it was the only wax available. I use it sparingly because I like the natural look.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Whatever a man wants it to do. (As long as the stache isn’t being temperamental)
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I could cut it off any time; I just want my mom to see it first. I would for sure grow another handlebar moustache if I cut it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
I have not, but I do grow a novembeard every November.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
I’d have to look around more, but it seems pretty good to me.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
It has inhibited some of my husbandly duties but we’ve gotten around that.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
How long have you had your moustache and what are its dimensions?
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
No, not yet. Maybe this October if I come up with a good costume
You may enjoy these related posts: