Handlebar Moustache Survey by Yarrr of Utah
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Just about a month, still pretty new
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
It always gets a little long between trips to the barber. He suggested I try curling it. I’m the only one I know of to grow one, but wouldn’t surprise me (related to some French Canadian fur trappers and mountain men)
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to ENLARGE
My wife said I should do it, so she was happy to see that I gave it a try. So far all the comments have been positive.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Someone said I remind him of an old school train villain. That was a pretty good compliment
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
I’ve started a new look with a slicked, more classic hairdo. The handlebar seemed to fit in naturally to it. I think it’s giving me a little more confidence, and helping me feel more comfortable and more like myself.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I’m a fat guy who’s never been afraid of much. I think something like a handlebar just ads to my fun and no fear attitude.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I’d tell em tough crap
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Still trying to find what I like. Not a fan of the clubman pinaud “wax” it’s more like glue and leaves residue on my lip.
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Adds class and sexiness
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
After attending college that wouldn’t allow beards, I’m very fond of my facial hair and it would be very hard for me to part with it. I think a huge amount of money, or cancellation of all my debts lol
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Not yet… once it really grows in I’m hoping I’ll start getting more novelty items
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
http://mbsy.co/dollarbeardclub/19746862 dollar beard club! waxes and beard oil for cheap!
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Despite having dark brown hair, my beard/stache are very light, lots of red, blond, and light brown in there. The beard is starting to darken, but still have a medium blond stache. I’ve thought about dying, but I like the difference in color.
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
This is my first time, so, still have a lot to explore. I always like free stuff!
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife likes it
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work in software. I think it helps set me apart, shows my individuality and confidence. Waxing it takes time and it shows I care about my appearance and attention to detail.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
No… and probably good because I’d probably be a super villain *laughs maniacally while twisting mustache*
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
When the wax wears out in the afternoon/evening, eating does get to be a problem if I don’t have any wax with me. I need to get a pocket sized can for afternoon touchups
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
It’s still a work in progress, so it’s just more of a slight curve up. Once it’s longer I’ll be able to do more with it.
- Would you share your location and / or your age?
Utah / 30