Handlebar Moustache Survey by Stache Man of Oregon
Behold the Stache of “Stache Man”!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
A majority of the time I have had a goatee and mustache style facial hair for about 15 years. Sometimes it has been on and off. For some reason it would get old to me and then I would shave it but then I would quickly grow it back. I recently became interested in letting my mustache part of the facial hair, start growing out for the last 2 months of so. I tried multiple waxes and all to style it. I then got your idea to use the children’s stick glue and have found it to be the best that worked for me. I now style my mustache every day with the stick glue and love it.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I don’t remember any family having waxed mustaches. I have relatives that have had either the mustache alone or beards and goatees or such. I am at least from my understanding the first to start this. Like I said above, your videos have inspired me to grow it out.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Well right now my wife says she hates it. She keeps telling me to trim it all the way down again. I keep telling her that I like my new look. Everyone that I have run into in the town has liked it. Mostly other men have complimented my styled mustache. Positive feelings in public but the wife does not approve. lol
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
My mother in law has said that I look like a scorpion. Poncho. lol
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I feel proud that I am able to pull off the look of a styled mustache. Manny have said that I look the part.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I am very fond of History and love to read about historical events. My favorite time period is between 1800s to the World War II era. Of course, the 1800s the style of the stache was extremely popular. Sometimes I guess I could say that in a way once lived in that time and that is why I love the past and find it so very interesting.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I have never been in a contest or such. I have expressed interest in starting a club of somehow or finding one that exists already and joining but have been unsuccessful.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I tell them that I like it and that I enjoy it. Most of the people I have met in the town have had good feedback. Home is the only place I have been criticized for it.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I have used several waxes and also Clubman’s. I am now a stick glue user and probably won’t change, unless there is something more awesome out there.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It brings a sense of pride and manliness.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I enjoy what I have grown and will not trim or cut off if I can help it. I would prefer to never trim it again.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
I do not have anything like that.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I have visited the Handlebar Mustache club website and also All About Beards.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Right now I am 34 years old. Just within the last 15 years or so has been the time when I was able to grow facial hair and have it look good. In my late teens and early 20s I was not able to grow very good facial hair. Right now I feel my facial hair is too light of color especially in the mustache area. So what I do is use the beard coloring kit from like Walmart. Can’t remember the actual name but it is the beard coloring thing. I use the dark brown kit to dye my mustache and goatee area. It makes it look better on my face. Mostly because I have real dark hair.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
This is my first time on the site. I first came to this but will explore after this survey is completed.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife does not like it and sometimes when she is being silly she will not kiss me fully. lol.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Right now I am a full time student at a community college. I do not work.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Makes me feel good. That’s all the power I need.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I use to have trouble when I used waxes because I was not able to fully get the hair in the middle to stay up and out of my mouth so when I took a bite of something or a sip of a drink it would get into my mustache. With the glue it has helped a lot but still sometimes find it challenging to eat or drink without making it into the stache.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
I have not styled in that way before.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Salem, Or 34 years
You may enjoy these related posts: