Handlebar Moustache Survey by Seagull
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I used to have a hippy-lookin’ stache and super long hair all through high school. Then saw tons of pictures of my father with his gnarly handlebars. Had to cut the long hair and clean up the chin and buy some wax. After some inspiration from a fellow buddy Garrett Zeigler, I decided to grow out the moustache and curl it out. It’s now been about 7 months and tons of straight razor shaves later I can’t let it go. Real men have mustaches!!!
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
My father had a righteous set of handlebars when I was born and raised. Had to bring it back to life. Not too many people in California have a set of bars.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most people didn’t think I could go through with it. Doubt and hate is the ultimate inspiration. Most people are down with it, from young kids to elder folk. I’ve had some awesome comments and odd looks or stares. It’s all in the fun.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Is that Rollie Fingers? Can I touch it? Can you take a picture with me? The one day I don’t wax my moustache, people criticize me and tell me I need to buy wax. Hahahaa or my friends will be super picky and tell me that one side is curled better that the other. Or I have a long hair hanging out of place.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It has had me open up and actually be a little more social. I talk to randoms and randoms talk to me. Hahaaa
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I feel that I like to stand out from the norm. I had long blonde hair. Just like to have a different style and make my own mark.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
MoustacheHandleBarLife is the first accessible contest I have been able to enter. If there was more in the California area I would be all about it.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Well I’m not the typical guy. I’m super sarcastic, humorous. So the handlebars just add a little more oddness to my life.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I currently just found out that clubman contains some harsh chemicals . I started with that because it was easily available at my local CVS. When I got into Instagram I found local distributors like Old Fashioned Fisticuffs Mustache Wax and Mr. Kings Marvelous Moustache Wax. Tossed the Clubman in the trash and will never stray from all natural wax!
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Real men have facial hair. I feel that if I could grow a beard I would. It’s for that lazy man. Handlebars are much more distinguished.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I’m stoked on it. I know I would feel naked without it and would deff have a pale ass lip. I work in construction so I wouldn’t have to shave it for any reason.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
The only merch. I’ve purchased is the one and only Mustache Bottle Opener and my wax tins. No shirts or mugs. I let my handle bars speak for its self.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Haven’t looked for any others!!!
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I’m an Irish by blood and I’m super blonde on my dome. My stache is a dark blonde to match my eye brows. Wouldn’t change color ever!
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
California moustache contests
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It had no effect! Makes it better! So she says
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I’m a window/patio door installer and service tech for a major corp. here in so. Cal. It definitely receives respect, from clients to bosses. Chin up but not cocky!!!
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
No. I would grow weak without it though. Real men have handlebars.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I keep a nice wet napkin by my side when eating. Always dabbing like a gentleman. Would never compromise the handlebars for a meal. I’ll eat the hair.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
The only diff way I style it is if I can’t get my curl going, I go with the Dali look
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I go with the classic handle bar look. It’s at about my nostrils at this time. I feel that takes the most dedication.
22. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well:
What is the longest you have grown out your set of handlebars and what led you to cut or shave it?
I have been growing mine for 8 months and have no thought of quitting yet.
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Ventura County, Californa / 27
You may enjoy these related posts: