Handlebar Moustache Survey by Santo Roman
Thank you, Santo Roman!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Going on a few months now with her hanging around and loving it. Have grown facial hair but never the bars.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
I was growing out my beard and got a wild hair up my ass to shave the beard and start waxing the tips.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most of my close friends just laughed at me. Some told me to shave that “ugly” thing. My GF was all for it and told people to shove it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
A few people have asked if it was real or fake? Told them to give it a tug. I often have college girls and older ladies walk up to me and tell me it looks great.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Nothing different. Still dress the same but I do spend more time making sure it looks good at all time.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Just did it.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Deal with it.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use the stuff in a tube you can get at Rite-Aid. Stuff is cheap and works okay. If I want a real sharp point I’ll use some Grandpa’s pine tar soap.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Sets us apart from the rest of the chumps who are afraid to stand up grow the beast
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Not really attached, but also not willing to cut it off.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
Other than this site?
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
Had a pretty sad looking stache last Movember. Let’s just say I was not allowed near any schools.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
More article and just basic info about the life.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don\’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
You’ll get a pic of the current stage but I need to regrow some lover hair as I screwed up one night shaving. Was a rough night for us both.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
Nope, she loves it.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Just makes me look like a cooler wine merchant than anyone else around. That’s the kinda power I like. Oh, you look a lot cooler when sitting at a cafe have an espresso.
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Do anyone ever get spit ends?
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
Nope. Mine is all about making me feel like a better person. It’s not a costume, it’s the real deal.
You may enjoy these related posts: