Handlebar Moustache Survey by Sam R. of Ohio
Introducing Sam R.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have had the handlebar for about 4 1/2 months but have always had a mustache of sorts since I was able to grow one.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Currently where I work I am only allowed to grow a mustache and no beard, so I figured I would grow the coolest mustache I could.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Either they love it or hate it, but mostly the former. My wife says I could be doing worse things with my time…
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I want to be you for Halloween!
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I feel like I am a part of an elite group of hirsute men who have great sense of style.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I like being the oddball.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No I wish they were a little closer though.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
It’s not for the weak minded, cause you will get jeered and looked at but if you’re strong in your sense of self-worth they really don’t matter.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Got2b glued screaming hold for when I want a perfect look and Murray’s beeswax for when I want a more natural look.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Sets you a part from the norm.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I am now raising money for Movember and when I hit my goal I will shave it off. kinda a reverse of what the rules say. It’s a good cause I think.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
I have some small stationary items I got from Wal Mart in there party decorations section.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Pepper’n’Salt? Ginger? A bit of everything? Do you like it? Have you ever dyed it?
Matches the drapes…lol
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
It’s great as is.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife hates kissing me right after I have applied the got2b glued stuff cause it has a bad taste.
16. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I currently work fast food and attend college and most people are usually very cool with it and give me complements and have even had a few people ask for pics and I usually oblige if they ask me and not try to sneak a pic.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Do you have any other facial hair?
No I currently do not.
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
Every day. I call it the spider stache and it consist of my mustache with 4 curls on each side.
You may enjoy these related posts: