Handlebar Moustache Survey by Rick Stevey of PA
Thanks, Rick. Amazing growth for just 4 months!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have been growing the beard and stache for 4 months. (as of March 2012)
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
I never tried to grow any type of facial hair so I decided to grow a beard and a stache to see how it looks.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most people say they love it and that they wish they could grow one as well. But I definitely do get the look that says look at that freak.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I get called captain hook a lot.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I care about my appearance more now. Before I never attempted to make myself look presentable.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I am kinda wild and like to do things that are out of the ordinary
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No I don’t know of any in the Pittsburgh area
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Don’t be jealous because you either can’t grow one or won’t grow one because it’s not the norm. And that they don’t have the drive to do what it takes to rock a stache.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I have used Pinaud neutral wax before. It takes too long to dry and is very easy to screw up while styling. I use Elmer’s purple school glue stick and it makes everything easier and also holds up for a much longer period of time.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes him stand out and command attention
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I hope that I never lose it because I love it now but if something ever happened to it I would definitely grow it back right away
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
This is the only one that is worthy of any type of recommendation
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
It has everything it needs already
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
It only interferes with any of that if I don’t style it that day because if I don’t style it, it hangs over my lips and that just makes everything much more difficult
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I am invincible and super attractive. I guess you could say I am an immortal ladies’ man.
19. Would you share your location?
You may enjoy these related posts: