Handlebar Moustache Survey by Pisgah Stables
On the trail with Pisgah Stables!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
About 2 years. When I was 17 I grew my first moustache. I kept either just a straight moustache or a Fu Manchu until I decided to grow it out June of 2010.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
My Dad always had a big moustache, also cowboy poet Waddie Mitchell was the main inspiration for my handlebar moustache.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Others would say, “Gorgeous stache, love it, cool moustache.” My wife asked how long I would let it go, and why. Lol
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Is it real? Do you have one I can wear?
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I’m a full time cowboy; I am a little vain about it.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Like I said I’m a cowboy, also I try to be an interesting person. You’ll never meet a boring person with a handlebar moustache.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
You know what they say about moustaches, “they grow on you”.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Depends. Some look good, some look “cowboy”, others look like French waiters.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Hair is black; moustache is mostly brown with some red, and a little black.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife won’t allow me to shave it. I trim it every once in a while over my mouth, the kissing thing is one of the main reasons I trim it.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I do guided horseback rides in Western NC. Customers love it, great for tips.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
It has the incredible power to make me play with it all the time.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
It is troublesome sometimes, but not worth shaving it off.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well:
“How do you style your handlebar moustache? Curls, twisted, feathered, long horn?
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
You may enjoy these related posts: