Handlebar Moustache Survey by Pipedown Piper of Texas
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have had it for about 18 months. I have also had various styles of facial hair at various times in my adult years.
Click to ENLARGE
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Simply that I could and thought it would look good.
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
My wife and others seem to like it very much. I have had many people stop me and say they really like the look. I have had four people in less than three hours time give positive comments. These were given in different locations all by persons not known to me.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I have been asked several times if I put anything in it to make it look that way.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I sometimes think I was born into the wrong time period. I enjoy history very much and think I should be most happy in the late 1800s thru the 1920s.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I honestly do not think anyone would voice that thought to me. They might think but they would not say it to me.
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I have tried many. The best seem to be the flat top hair wax type products. My favorite is a pomade called Suavecito from California.
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
I would like to think it makes him appear to others to be a real man very secure in his manliness.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I have no plans to shave.
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Head hair is almost white and gray. Facial hair is very much the same. I like the color just fine. No false color for me
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
No interference at any level
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am now retired. I was a business owner for 31 years.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Main combed down and ends rolled and curled up
- Would you share your location and / or your age?
Texas and sixty-three