Handlebar Moustache Survey by Peter Schultz of Ontario
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have been waxing my handlebar moustache since January 2012. This my first serious moustache.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
They are awesome.
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Well, I had a big beard, and that hid the size of my moustache. I started growing my beard and moustache in September 2011, and then in January I waxed it up for the first time! I have only had positive comments, from others and my wife.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
1. Can I touch it.
2. Dude that is a epic moustache.
3. Can you teach me how to grow a moustache like that?
4. Is that natural.
5. Do you wax that thing?
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It has made me more confident, not that I was not before, but it has had a positive effect.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I am piper, and pipers tend to have great moustaches, so why fight it.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No, but I could see myself doing that!
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I would let my facial expression do the talking, the raised eyebrow and moustache say it all!
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I started with Clubman wax, I found it did not hold very well. Glue stick worked well, but I think I have settled on the Aleen’s Clear Tacky Gel, works great, drys clear, holds all day.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I have grown quite fond of it, and I am not sure I would remove it. Being a piper, my clients have come to expect it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
More photos, and maybe a yearly event where we can all meet up!
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
My wife loves it. When it is glued up, it is a little more difficult to kiss, but we figure it out.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Not that I have found yet, unless causing others to do a double take when look at you is a super power!
19. Would you share your location?
Hawkestone, Ontario, Canada
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
Not yet, but we are going to a masquerade party soon!
You may enjoy these related posts: