Handlebar Moustache Survey by Patrick Fette
Introducing Patrick Fette!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have been growing my moustache of about 15 months. This is the first real attempt to grow a moustache.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I have always been interested in Civil War history and the facial hair styles of the times. I started with a handle bar and the longer it got the more I liked it.
Click to ENLARGE
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Everyone has been very positive, I have had a few people laugh at me, but if you can’t handle a few laughs you shouldn’t grow something so attention getting on your face. My girlfriend really likes it and has never complained once.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
“If we turn this fan on, I bet it blows right off”
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I am “the guy with the mustache” to people around town, but I am still the same person I have always been.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Uh.. it’s cool and I can’t believe that more people are not doing it
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Editor: “Patrick is being modest here. He won the Gold Medal – first prize – for English style moustache at the November 2012 Beard and Moustache National Championships in Las Vegas!”
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I would say if I cared what people thought about me I would not have a foot long mustache
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use Clubmans and Firehouse
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It makes you stand out in a crowd.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I will never shave my upper lip, one day I might trim down the length but I will probably always have the curls.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
So much, I am sure everyone has everything I have, nothing to unique.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It’s pretty close I would say.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
If I do not wax my mustache there is a hair barrier between my lips and my girlfriends lips.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Online Sales and Marketing, at first people thought it was weird, now my reputation precedes me.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I get free drinks sometimes.
19. Would you share your location?
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
I did a Spiderman mustache for a contest once, wore a costume and had 8 “legs” for the stache
You may enjoy these related posts: