Handlebar Moustache Survey by Patrick Doherty
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have had a moustache for 12 years. I started waxing it into handlebars about 3 weeks ago.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
It looks cool
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I catch people looking all the time. My significant other hasn’t commented yet. I think he is pretending that he doesn’t notice it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I have always enjoyed being different.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I have always changed my look from time to time.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
They are jealous.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Firehouse wacky tacky.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I will never cut off the moustache.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
It does not interfere with kissing.
19. Would you share your location?