Handlebar Moustache Survey by Nik
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Over two years, before that just a short trimmed mustache.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
My great grandfathers on both sides of my family had handle bar mustaches and it’s a tribute to them. Also it looks good
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to ENLARGE
Most people love it. Had one criticism from a stranger and my girlfriend grew to deal with it.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
At a craft show a woman took a picture with me and her brass bracelet that said “Who wants a mustache ride?” I ended up buying it.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I am of Indian descent but was born and raised in America. I get asked where in India I’m from sometimes.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I have always had a different hairstyle and it went in line with standing out in a crowd I suppose.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I have been invited and people have made suggestions to go but I don’t have the confidence in my mustache to compete
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Firehouse, got2b glued gel and got2b freezero spray. I use the gel when u don’t have the spray. I had a Mohawk for a while and got to be held up really well. I learned that the freezer spray is just as strong as the gel but it is lighter and keeps my stache feeling light and in shape.
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes him look cool.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
After a couple years I’ve grown pretty attached. I started growing it when my niece was born and said if she ever asks about it I’d cut it. But I don’t know I like it a lot now. Also might need to hide it for a job interview
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Not really. A themed mustache bracelet and a whisker dam for drinking. I down even have a mustache comb.
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
All black like my head. Never died it
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Pretty new so idk yet
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Does interfere with kissing a bit. Some girls dig it; some really dig it.
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Just graduated with a engineering degree. A little worried about job interviews. Might distract the interviewer.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
The power to taste precious meals.
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Lots of napkins and constant brushing aside. Pretty used to it now rather hair would stay up though.
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Thought about a snidely whiplash costume but never worked out.
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Curled large. Sometimes straight up and let the heat curling the stache for me.
- Would you share your location and / or your age?