Handlebar Moustache Survey by Nando of CA
Nando’s great Petit Moustache
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve always had a mustache, though trimmed very low profile, due to my LE background, however my petit handlebar has been with me for about 3 months.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
A couple of my co-workers thought to grow staches so I said why not, my father has prostate cancer, and old time lawmen wore them, so I kept it. No one in the family I know has a HB.
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to Enlarge
I get mixed reactions; most think it’s cool. I have been complimented on it while on a call for service. My wife hated it, but she tolerates it. I think it’s growing on her.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Kids have called me, Mario or Luigi from the Nintendo games.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, and sense of self?
Yes, I’m standing a bit taller.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I think myself a bit dapper, my father is a retired old-school tailor of men’s suits, I get it from my father.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
“You know nothing of being an officer and a gentleman”.
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Clubman mustache wax, it’s easy to locate and it’s portable to reapply later. Wahl peanut and Edwin Jagger DE razor to keep trimmed up and clean
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Handlebar moustaches make a man more approachable, debonair, and confident.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Policy from an employer.
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
American Mustache Institute
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It matches. Black like my hair, yes I like it.
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Some “how to” videos
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It does not affect it negatively
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I supervise and mentor at risk youth, I train/coach wrestling & mma, and I’m a lawman.
The youths think it’s great, have had compliments from the public
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
It makes youth smile
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
No issues, as it is a petit handlebar moustache.
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Turned up or out
- Would you share your location and / or your age?