Handlebar Moustache Survey by MustachioMike of Boca Raton, Florida
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
since 1969. I grew it when I was in college. It was “hippie time” and I love the look of a bushy stache, and Mark Twain was my favorite author – what a stache he had!
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
As stated above
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
Usually shock at how big it is and silly questions
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
How do you eat? Can I feel it-NO Doesn’t food get stuck? Yes Spanish people say, “bigote grande” and I say, “si”.
5. I’ve found that having an handlebar moustache has had various effects on my personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and so forth. Has having an handlebar moustache brought out changes in your self-expression, sense of self, behavior? Please elaborate.:
I am more confident in public, but also more reserved.
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look? Please elaborate.:
In the ’60’s it was non-conformism. Today I simply like the look.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?:
8. If you grew your handlebar moustache while in a relationship, what sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other? :
My wife does not know me without facial hair, other than in family photos.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?:
Oregon-Wild Hair is my fav.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
You stand out in the crowd. You are the center of conversation at a party. It gives an air of mystery.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
$1.000,000 and not a cent less. I would donate to the American Cancer Society or St. Judes Children’s hospital and then grow it back.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
I have 2 mustache cups and a couple of useless mustache scissors.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?:
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
Mo, I mean No.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?:
anything mustache related and a photo section for inspiration.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?:
e-mail me for pictures.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing? :
Not at all.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
Yes, I speak and people listen. I guess because I am a HS teacher, they have no choice but to listen. BTW, my students are always trying to get me to shave.
19. Would you share your location?:
Boca Raton, Florida
20. Is there anything else you would like to add?:
Click here to send your survey answers. Thanks for sharing with us!