Handlebar Moustache Survey by Mark Henderson
Thank you, Mark!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have had a moustache for years ,but just started growing my Handlebar approx. three months ago. It is getting very nice.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
Always admired them.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Very positive reactions from most. I think they are jealous. LOL.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
The younger people seem to like it most. I get comments like , ” That’s the coolest moustache yet”.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I seem to concentrate on my overall grooming a lot more. I enjoy showing it off .
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I really like the old look from the turn of the century when a big stache was the standard of grooming , not the exception. I also like wearing vintage style gent’s clothing .
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I have not.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I just roll with it and go about my business. I really feel sort for them. So shallow.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I really like Bounder extra firm wax made in England. It is easy to apply and keeps my curl shaped all day. I also get the blow dryer to it when I first apply and comb it through real good to get a good spread ,then shape the tips with my fingers as it is cooling. After cooled , it really keeps it’s shape.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
I think it really makes a gentleman look even more distinguished.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I really like it and I hope my employer ( Memphis Police Department) doesn’t make me shave it down.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
I really like the photos. It helps encourage me to find that just right look.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
It takes a little more effort kissing….
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I’m ten feet tall and my super hero cape is flying.
19. Would you share your location?
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
Not yet, but that is coming for sure.