Handlebar Moustache Survey by Maddox of the UK
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve only had it for about 3 months now. I grew a handlebar about 2 years ago but made the mistake of shaving it off…. Feels right to have it back
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I don’t know really, I just think it looks better than any other style of tache. I don’t know of any ancestors who have ever had a handlebar moustache.
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to ENLARGE
I’ve had all sorts of comments mostly positive; I’ve had random people compliment me in the supermarket, gym, street etc. I get told i look like a Victorian strongman a lot… oh and Charlie Bronson. I’ve got no significant other so I can’t answer that
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
“That’s a beautiful moustache dude”… “Cool moustache”… “What is that above your top lip”… “you look like a porn star”
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Not really. It just feels right
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Probably just being comfortable with myself and having the freedom to do what I want. I think it’s good to be a bit different
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No I haven’t
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I’m not really concerned about what anyone else thinks, each to their own, I might think their hairstyle looks daft but as long as it’s not on my head it doesn’t bother me
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I prefer the natural look but I have tried off the shelf waxes and it does come in handy from time to time when my tache is being unruly. I will be buying some Captain Fawcett wax very soon as I’ve heard its good stuff
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It gives you some nostalgia, prestige and swagger
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
It hasn’t been here for long but I’m getting more attached to it everyday that goes by. If I really get bored of it I’ll get rid of it but its doubtful, I’d like to keep it for the foreseeable future
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Only moustache boxer shorts. I do want a mug, as cups of tea and coffee are hard work now.
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
The handlebar club
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
My hair on my head is dark brown but my tash has brown, blonde and ginger in it. I like the colour tho yeh, Never have or will dye it
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Can’t think of anything, I like the setup how it is
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
I’m happy being single at the minute so I’m not sure
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work in construction and the lads I work with don’t seem too concerned about it
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
It gives me Victorian strongman strength
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Drinking is a problem and so is eating a sandwich, I push all the hairs upwards now before I start otherwise I end up eating my tashe
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I like it natural with short twists
- Would you share your location and / or your age?
West midlands, Uk. I’m 32